Consulate Appointment

Our Consulate appointment went off without a hitch yesterday, although the gentleman helping us had trouble seeing the seal on Wyatt's certificate, and had to hold it up to the light to make sure it was there. Thankfully he was able to verify it was so that we didn't have to send back to Nanjing for a new one. Especially since that would have meant staying here longer, which would not make me a happy camper at this point!
We were able to spend time with our really good friends yesterday evening who are here picking up their beautiful little girl. We went to an Irish pub with them, which was a really nice change from the usual noodles and dumplings we have been eating.
Stephen and I have hit inertial as far as wanting to get out and doing anything. The weather is not great out, and taxis are easy to get to places, but not so easy to get back. Thankfully we have a nice big hotel room, but this doesn't keep the new siblings from having it out frequently. Stephen has also lost some of the adoration that he had the first week with his little sister. She loves attention, and if you aren't giving it to her, she will find a way to get it, whether positive or negative. I tried giving him a break by taking them to the "play room" in the hotel, but Wyatt proceeded to throw things at his sister and hit her while I tried to talk to my parents on the phone. Another family came in with their new daughter and asked me if I chose to get two at once (like the agency just decided that for me!)

Actually, these kids are really amazing, and I couldn't be happier with them. It is going to take some time before they learn to get along, or even tolerate one another, but they both have really great strengths, and both have bonded really well with me. Despite being a bully to his sister, Wyatt is a real cuddle bug with me. Annie is a really good helper, and is picking up English really quickly. I have also discovered that Wyatt does really well with signs. I think this will be a great bridge for him with learning English. We are also working on potty training with Wyatt. His foster family says that he was completely trained, but so far he is not able to tell us when he needs to go.
Two more days til we get to head home. As much as I am dreading the 14+ hour flight, at least it will mean we are on our way back to the rest of our family! Both kiddos get really excited to see Daddy on our video chats with him, and I know he is ready to have us back and all together, too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts