Heading Home!


Not a lot to report. Just so very glad to be going home!!! For those who didn't get the story yesterday, my little guy got up during his nap in our bedroom suite and managed to spread the contents of his poopy diaper throughout the room. I got the furniture and walls cleaned off, and the bedding taken off, but then had to explain to the maids that I needed more than just one sheet to get our room back in working condition. I finally drug one of them in and pointed at Wyatt in the bathtub, and the diaper I was holding and she finally got the drift and helped me replace the bedding.

That being said, it has actually been a good last couple of days with our kiddos. Just today they are starting to actually interact with one another in a positive way on occasion. Part of this has been me stepping back (feeling like I am already really bonding with each of them) and encouraging them to bond with one another. Instead of throwing the beach ball with them, I have had them throw it to each other. Stephen gave Annie a lesson in how to play on the iPad, and she and Wyatt enjoyed working on it together this afternoon.

I know that our plane ride is going to be extremely long tomorrow, but I don't feel quite as terrified by it as I did just days ago. Annie is not really one for watching movies, or drawing, or other things that you would usually do to occupy time on a 14 hour flight. I think though, with her new American Girls doll, some stickers, and her new iPad skills we will make it through. Stephen has it easy with Wyatt, as he loves to watch t.v. and is a great sleeper. Plus, if he has a stinky diaper, he can just pass him back to me!

I am so excited to start our new life as a family of seven! I have the most amazing kids ever, and I can't wait to have them all together under one roof in just a couple of days!!!

Comments

  1. YAY!!! Homebound. You guys did it! Good luck on the flight home. I bet Brian, Kate and Jason are beyond excited to see all of you. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts