Maybe I Will Never Write This



Maybe I will never write this. You will leave me if I do. I have had your back. Had your loyalty. But if you knew my heart. Knew my convictions, you would be a fair weathered friend. You won’t listen to my counseling. You think you know better. You think I focus only on the dark side of things. But I don’t. To see my own children and how I derive so much joy from some of them is to know that I can’t live only in the dark. You come to me for help. But you don’t want help, you want out. You wan’t out of the choices you made, the life you committed to. I am here to make it easier. You are thankful. But then there is my belief. And my church. And my politics. Oh, if only you had known in the beginning! I am only me. I can only do so much. Especially so much that you hope and expect that I will do. I will disappoint you. Skip me. Skip who I am and who you hope that I will be for you. Go to Him! And if you aren’t ready to go to Him, then bypass me. For He is all that I live for, and all that I hope to bring to you.

Comments

Popular Posts